Monday, November 3, 2008

One More Day!

Today is the last day of my Campaign News Fast and, for the most part, it has been a success. For the last month and a half, I have not listened to NPR news shows, watched nightly news on TV, or browsed political websites. Some news has seeped in, so I am familiar with the general election trends, but my days have been filled with much less stress than they were four years ago.

Sarah and I spent much of yesterday away from the media by visiting several sites on the east side of Portland. We have been trying to redeem as many Chinook Book coupons as possible before they expire at the end of the month, so we stopped by several restaurants and specialty shops found on this side of town.


We also visited a few parks to look for birds and give Andie some exercise.


The pond at Laurelhurst Park was full of wood ducks and perky hooded mergansers.


We did not see many birds at Mount Tabor, but we enjoyed great views of the city in fall foliage.


Today, I have been trying to enjoy the dark clouds and bright leaves and keep my mind on work.


Tomorrow, I will take in the news, but today I am doing my best to stay clean.

1 comment:

ThrtnWmsFam said...

Wish I would have thought of doing a "news fast"; my doctor even suggested I skip the debates and so forth for my heart. So thankful that election day is here, and even more thankful that husband and I voted last Wednesday. Good blog. Vikki www.thorntonwilliamsfamily.blogspot.com