Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Painting Again

During the last few days, I worked on some painting projects.

On Halloween Day, I woke up and painted the University of Oregon logo on a small green pumpkin. I became a Duck fan through marriage, so I had spent much of the week looking forward to the Oregon-USC football game that night. Oregon won the game easily, so we will keep the pumpkin around as a good-luck charm.

Yesterday I finished my annual contribution to the Wild Arts Festival, a fundraiser for the Audubon Society of Portland. We have seen a lot of Black Oystercatchers during our beach trips this year, so I was inspired to put one on a 6 x 6 canvas.

This oystercatcher is contemplating a limpet, one of their favorite foods.
Soon it will be time to carve and paint holiday ornaments!

4 comments:

NW Nature Nut said...

Great painting! I love those guys...so striking! (Um, Oystercatchers that is. Although Mr. Nut is a duck fan)

Kathie Brown said...

I like your paintings! I checked out the ones in the sidebar also. Nice to see you at work/play again.

Laura W. said...

Is the bird thinking "What am I supposed to do with this?" or "Huh, limpet for dinner again..." or "I am so cool with my orange beak just right for prying your wimpy butt off that rock".
Who knows......

Max said...

All of the above.